Atlas Metal & Iron does not recycle the items above for safety purposes:
- T.V.'s, Monitors
- Refrigerators, freezers, Air Conditioners (any unit that has contained Freon, commercial accounts with proper certification are acceptable with Compressor removed.)
- Closed or Sealed containers (oxygen bottles, steel fuel tanks, propane tanks)
- Wet transformers, Ballasts or any item containing PCB’s
- Kegs from individuals (Business accounts are acceptable)
- Radioactive material
- Steel Barrels (unless they have been triple-rinsed and EPA-certified)
- Batteries of any kind
- Any type of hazardous material (oil, Freon, transmission fluid, mercury)
- Safes (unless they are solid steel and contain no concrete or brick).
Visit the Environmental Protection Agency website https://www.epa.gov/ where you will find 127,900 results on the site for recycling tips for these items.